The Traffic Section receives all traffic citations issued by the Louisiana State Police and Jefferson Davis Sheriff's Office. If you have received a traffic citation from one of these agencies please read the following questions and answers for help in determining how to resolve your citation:
What options do I have when I receive a traffic citation?
1. You may pay the citation before the court date.
2. Appear in court on the date noted on the citation to contest the citation and you will receive a trial date.
What court do I contact?
The top right corner of the citation will have the proper court. In Jefferson Davis Parish it will have one of the following:
1. 31st Judicial District Court - (337) 824-1893
2. Jennings City Court - (337) 821-5514
3. Welsh City Court - (337) 734-2231
4. Lake Arthur City Court - (337) 774-2211
We do not offer a driver's safety class as an option to resolve your citation.
Any other questions may be addressed to Tish Abraham at (337)- 824-1895.